Published July 9, 2020
- Where do I fly into?Your arrival airport in Tanzania should be Kilimanjaro International Airport, as this is where your trip
with Easy Travel begins.
- How many days ahead of the climb should I arrive?All of our Kilimanjaro trips include one night in an Arusha hotel at the beginning and end of the trip. This allows you some time to recover from your international flight before you begin the climb, and to relax and recover from the climb at the end. Although it costs a bit extra, we recommend that you actually spend two nights in Arusha prior to the start of the climb, if possible. Doing so gives you more time to relax before your climb and allows a bit of time to cope with any delayed or cancelled flights or lost or delayed luggage.
- Who do I contact once I am en route?Once you have left home, you should contact Easy Travel on the following number, if you experience any problems. 24 hours Mobile and Whats app Number: + 255 683 374363
- Who will pick me up at Kilimanjaro International Airport?You will be picked up by an Easy Travel representative, who will be waiting for you once you have cleared immigration and collected your luggage. He will be holding a signboard to identify himself.
- What will my hotel be like in Arusha, before and after my climb?Unless otherwise advised, you will stay in the comfortable and welcoming Planet Lodge Hotel in Arusha, the perfect place to unwind before and after your climb.
- What should I do if the airline loses my luggage en route to Tanzania?Occasionally, your luggage may not arrive in Tanzania at the same time as you. Don’t worry. You should go to the desk of Swissport, the ground handling company, which you will find in the baggage collection area. They will provide you with a form, which you should complete with Easy Travel’s contact details. When your luggage does arrive, Swissport will contact us at Easy Travel and arrange for it to be delivered to our office. Please note that it is not possible to delay the start of the climb until the luggage arrives, so your Easy Travel guide will take you to a hire shop where you can hire any necessary equipment. You must keep a copy of the Swissport form and the receipt from the hire shop for any equipment you hire (you will have to pay for this at time of hire), so that you can support any insurance claim you may wish to make later. We would also advise all visitors to pack their hand luggage carefully, to ensure that all essential items (including a change of clothing) are in your hand luggage. This will minimise any disruption if your hold luggage is delayed.