Booking and Prices
Published July 14, 2020
- Why are some companies’ prices lower or higher than Easy Travel’s?Our objective at Easy Travel is to offer high standards and great value, not to be the lowest-price operator. You will find lower prices, we have no doubt, but you should not compromise on safety or comfort when climbing Kilimanjaro. If a budget company offers a cheap climb, ask yourself ‘why?’ Are their guides properly trained? Do they pay their guides and porters the proper rate, and on time? Do they feed and clothe their mountain crews properly? Is their equipment of good quality and wellmaintained?
Easy Travel is an ethical, responsible company focussed on safety – and great value.
- How much will my climb cost?A trip to Tanzania to climb up Kilimanjaro is not a cheap adventure. The cost will depend on which tour operator you choose, the route you select, the time you choose to spend on the mountain itself, and any extras you add on to your trip cost. Remember that this is probably a once in a lifetime experience, so you want to be safe and comfortable and climb with a responsible operator – not the cheapest operator. Easy Travel trip costs are quoted in US Dollars and will include airport pick-up, your transport from Arusha to Kili and back, full board, porters, guides, cooks, national park fees and permits. For Prices, please fill the Enquiry form and our Easy Travel Kilimanjaro specialists will get back to you will all necessary information on prices.
- What is included in my trip cost?The price you pay includes your airport pick-up, your hotel accommodation before and after the climb, transportation from the hotel to the trailhead and back, all park fees, hut/camp accommodation and all meals on the mountain, breakfast at the Arusha hotel before and after the climb, and the services and expertise of the mountain crew. Prices do not include any flights (whether international or internal), lunch, dinner or beverages at the hotel, personal gear and equipment, or tips for the mountain crew or – if appropriate – other Easy Travel staff. Our prices are always listed in US Dollars.
- Are my transfers to and from the airport included in the trip price?Assuming that you are arriving and departing from Kilimanjaro International Airport, then transfers to and from there to Arusha are included. On arrival, an Easy Travel representative will be waiting to welcome you.
- Are your departures guaranteed?Yes, once you have made your booking, your trip will go ahead.
- What forms of payment do you accept?You can pay either by credit card or by wire transfer. Here you can find out more about these methods of payment, which are credit card or wire transfer.
- What if I have to cancel or postpone my trip?Our cancelation and amendments policies are outlined in our Terms and Conditions. We strongly encourage you to read these in full, before you make your booking and pay the necessary deposit of 30% of the quoted trip price. Cancelation fees depend on when you cancel; postponements are classified as ‘amendments’ in our terms and conditions.
- OK, I am ready to book with Easy Travel, what happens next?Easy Travel will be with you every step of the way, even before you set foot on the mountain. Once you have booked, your contact at Easy Travel will be in touch to go over the fine details of your trip. We will provide you with all the information you need, regarding preparation, physical conditioning, what clothing and equipment you will need, recommended medical tips and formalities for your visit to Tanzania. Much information can be found on our website of course, but rest assured that your contact at Easy Travel will assist you with any questions you may have.
Many of our climbers reward themselves after the climb with an unforgettable wildlife safari or a beach holiday on beautiful Zanzibar. Easy travel can arrange that for you, too!