10 Days – Mt Kilimanjaro – Lemosho Route – Private
- Trip CodeETPKL8
- Trip StyleBasic
- Group SizePrivate
- Physical RatingTough Category: 5/5. Guests undertaking one of our trips categorized as 'tough' will require a good level of fitness and proper physical preparation –perhaps two or three months - in advance of arriving in Tanzania. To take one of these trips, you must be confident in your own level of fitness and stamina. Our 'tough' trips involve a significant degree of high-altitude hiking, and at times a degree of discomfort can be expected. For example, on a summit day to reach the top of Kilimanjaro, a total of around 13 hours is required of participants and this is combined with a great deal of ascent and descent. Special clothing and equipment are required for these trips, as advised on our trip notes, and accommodation is in tents or mountain huts, depending on which trip is undertaken.
- IncludesAccommodationTransportMealsPark FeeActivities
- ExcludesDrinksOwn RoomVisaFlightsTrip Crew
With ten days of trip-time, our Kilimanjaro trek on the Lemosho Route takes longer than the alternatives, but is a bit quieter and gives plenty of acclimatization time to trekkers. The landscape is varied, with possible animal sightings on the first day’s hike, when we start out from Londorosi Gate. You will have a private vehicle to take you to and from the mountain. Accommodation on the mountain on this ‘Basic’ category trip will be in tented camps – a great experience, a true mountain adventure.
Kilimanjaro is the African continent’s best-known and highest mountain. With its snow-capped peak, it justifiably features on nearly every adventurer’s list of ‘must-dos.’
The trek using the Lemosho route starts above the Londorosi Gate, already at an altitude of 2360 metres. This route takes longer, is often considered to be the most scenically-varied, and as a newer route it experiences lower numbers of trekkers. More time is spent in the atmospheric rainforest and the extra time spent acclimatizing means a high success rate in reaching the summit.
Trekkers enjoy a more remote experience than on the more popular routes and there may be chance encounters with elephant, buffalo, leopard, colobus monkeys and other mammals on Day One. Lemosho route is a real favourite for photographers.
With the years of experience our company has enjoyed, you can be assured that our knowledgeable and, above all, passionate staff, will take care of all the complex and important arrangements for the climb of this legendary mountain. We want you to have the best possible Kilimanjaro climb experience!
- – Reaching the summit! Experiencing that incomparable, ‘roof of the world’ feeling
- – A more relaxed pace than other routes, but longer in time and distance. But very challenging
- – Stunning views as you ascend, with arguably the best photo opportunities, possible wildlife experiences on Day One
- – Discover Shira Plateau and Barranco
- – Climb the Lava Tower!
- – Dedicated guides, porters and cooks – a great team to help you on your way
To view the full Trip Notes… Click here
Trip Price Table:
|My Own Room ($230 per person)|
|1 PAX||1 Single||$3904|
|2 PAX||1 Double or Twin||$3381|
|3 PAX||1 Double or Twin + 1 Single||$3138|
|4 PAX||2 Doubles or Twin||$3024|
|5 PAX||2 Doubles or Twin + 1 Single||$3178|
|6 PAX||3 Doubles or Twin||$3109|
Day 1: KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - ARUSHA
Day 2: LONDOROSSI GATE & STARTING POINT - MTI MKUBWA
Day 3: MTI MKUBWA - SHIRA 1 CAMP
Day 4: SHIRA 1 CAMP - SHIRA 2 CAMP
Compared to yesterday, our climbing today is less (350 metres of ascent) and takes us up to an altitude of 3850 metres. The distance we cover will be similar, at approximately 7km. It is a steady, uphill climb and you should expect about 3.5 to 4 hours of walk time in total. Our breakfast today is at the civilised hour of 08.00 and our departure one hour later. We set off in a south-eastern direction across the moor and heathland of the Shira Plateau. Buffalo, dik-dik and klipspringer graze here and can occasionally be seen. We intend to reach Shira 2 Camp - which is also known as Shira Huts - by 13.00, in time to be served a hot lunch. Dinner tonight will be 18.00.
Day 5: SHIRA 2 CAMP - BARRANCO CAMP
Today we are back to our early, 07.00 breakfast time, ready for 08.30 departure. We have around 10km to cover, but although we will finish our day only 90 metres higher than we started it, in between we have to climb to the foot of the Lava Tower (4267 metres) before we then descend once more, down to Barranco for our overnight stop. You can expect around 6.5 to 7 hours of walking, during which time you leave the Shira Ridge and the Lemosho Route joins up with the more popular Machame trail. The scenery today changes to predominantly Alpine desert. Your picnic lunch will be at 13.00, arrival at Barranco around 16.00 and dinner at about 19.00.
Day 6: BARRANCO CAMP - KARANGA CAMP
Day 7: KARANGA CAMP - BARAFU CAMP
Day 8: BARAFU CAMP - UHURU (SUMMIT) - MWEKA CAMP
Day 9: MWEKA CAMP - MWEKA GATE - ARUSHA
Day 10: DEPARTURE - KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Trip Includes:AccommodationTwo nights in Arusha, Seven nights on the Mountain
- * First night: Karama Lodge
- * Second night: Mti Mkubwa Camp
- * Third night: Shira 1 Camp
- * Four night: Shira 2 Camp
- * Five night: Barranco Camp
- * Six night: Karanga Camp
- * Seven night: Barafu Camp
- * Eight night: Mweka Camp
- * Nine night: Karama Lodge
- Coaster Bus
- Treated Drinking Water
- Park Fee
- Camp Fee
- * Easy Travel mountain guide
- * Easy Travel mountain chef
- * Easy Travel mountain porters
- * Sleeping Tents
- * Dinning Tents
- * Sleeping mattress
- * Utensils
- * Tables and chairs
- Certificate of Achievement if you reach Gilman's point(5681M), Stella point(5685M) or Uhuru point(5895M).
- International Flights and Insurance
- $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals (read trip notes for more details)
- My Own Room ($230 per person)
- All type of soft and hard drinks
- * Laundry
- * Toiletries
- Gratitude for your trip crew (read trip notes for more details)