6 Days – Tanzania Enticing Explorations – Comfort Plus
- Trip CodeETPECP
- Trip StyleComfort Plus
- Group SizeMin 1
- Physical RatingLeisurely Category: 2/5. Our safaris with this grading are suitable for those people with even an average level of fitness. Assuming that you already have that level, no physical preparation is necessary in advance of one of these trips, and no strenuous exercise is expected on them, though visitors will spend some significant time in vehicles on the sometimes rough roads of Tanzania – the so-called 'African Massage.' Accommodation on our 'leisurely' category trips is in private rooms in safari lodges, hotels, or tented camps.
- IncludesAccommodationTransportMealsPark FeeActivities
- ExcludesDrinksOwn RoomVisaFlightsTrip Crew
Fantastic, fascinating wildlife abounds on this six-day trip that begins in Arusha and visits the magical landscape of Tarangire before entering the Great Rift Valley and enjoying the birdlife at Lake Manyara. Next, Serengeti and its endless plains provide the highlights, before we continue to the incredible crater of Ngorongoro. Your safari is enjoyed from the comfort of your own private vehicle, while accommodation on this ‘Comfort Plus’ category trip is in luxury safari lodges, handpicked by us.
A six-day excursion encompassing some of Tanzania’s world-class highlights. We set out from Arusha, in the shadow of mighty Mount Meru, with Tarangire as the first stop. The landscape in this national park, the country’s third-largest, is diverse and its river draws in all manner of wildlife.
- – Tarangire’s diverse geological landscapes, plentiful birdlife and wildlife
- – Understanding the typical daily lives of the human inhabitants at Lake Manyara, by touring Mto wa Mbu village. Observe the tree-climbing lions!
- – The ‘endless plains’ of Serengeti, perhaps the world’s most celebrated national park with an incomparable range of predators and their intended prey: see leopard and cheetah, antelope and zebra.
- – Ngorongoro’s amazing collapsed volcanic crater, some 12 miles wide. Incredible year-round wildlife. An inspiring setting which is home to lion and elephant, rhino, buffalo, hippo – and many more animals and birdlife.
To view the full Trip Notes… Click here
Trip Price Table:
January To April
Please Note: There is a Single Supplement of $294
May To August
Please Note: There is a Single Supplement of $294
September To December
|2017/18||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec 1st-15th||Dec 16th-31st|
Please Note: There is a Single Supplement of $294
Day 1: KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO ARUSHA
Arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by one of our experienced driver guides, ready to greet and escort you to Arusha and your chosen hotel. He will introduce you to this wonderful city and country.
After your long flight, you will be pleased to discover that Arusha - the undisputed 'safari capital' of East Africa- is perched at 1400 meters above sea level, keeping the temperatures and humidity relatively low. All around this important city are some of Tanzania's greatest delights. Mount Meru towers above Arusha, while even distant Kilimanjaro can be seen on a clear day. Arusha provides the ideal starting-point for safari-lovers, within reach of Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater.
The city even has its own natural attraction, Arusha National Park, close by. Named after the Wa-arusha residents of the town, this busy agricultural, administrative and tourist centre is the perfect place to relax after a long journey... and before you set off on safari, the holiday of a lifetime. Welcome to Arusha and welcome to Tanzania!
Day 2: ARUSHA CITY TO TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
Today we set out early, collecting you from your Arusha hotel and heading south to stunning Tarangire National Park. We arrive at your lodge by noon, in time for a pleasant lunch. Your afternoon game-drive will reveal all the wonders of Tarangire, a National Park often referred to as the 'Elephant Playground'. Herds of up to 300 of these mighty mammals are sometimes seen in the park.
Serengeti may be better known, but Tarangire in the dry season easily rivals it for animal densities. As well as the herds of elephant Tarangire is home to buffalo, lion, wildebeest, zebra and gazelle while gerenuk and fringe-eared oryx are 'local specialties'. Lake Burungi's marshy shores are the lure for these mammals and the waters attract many beautiful bird species, too. Look out for giant kingfishers, hoopoes and the delightfully-named white-bellied go-away bird. Tarangire is noted for its splendid baobab trees, rolling savannah and acacia woodland. At the end of an inspiring afternoon amongst the wildlife, we retire to the comfort of the lodge for an evening meal and some rest.
Day 3: TARANGIRE TO LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
After our breakfast at the lodge, we leave Tarangire early and enjoy a short, pleasant morning drive to Lake Manyara. First of all, we enjoy this morning with an introduction to northern Tanzanian culture, taking a visit to fascinating Mto wa Mbu village. Incredibly, this 'village' is actually home to over eighteen thousand inhabitants, drawn from 120 different tribes. Today is a superb opportunity to find out about their everyday lives, visiting their farms, huts, artisan shops and the local market, with your expert driver-guide taking good care of you and sharing his detailed knowledge of tribal culture.
We enjoy lunch in the village, before exploring the stunning landscape of the park, looking for wildlife on the plains, in the acacia woodlands and by the shores of the shallow alkaline lake. Lake Manyara is rightly famous for its tree-climbing lions, but they're far from the only highlight: by the end of an exhilarating afternoon, you could easily have spotted elephant, hippo, wildebeest, buffalo and giraffe, plus many other species. Pink-hued flamingos, one of 400 bird species recorded here, provide a splash of colour. At the end of the afternoon, it's back to your lodge for some relaxation and a delicious dinner.
Day 4: LAKE MANYARA TO SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, we collect our lunch boxes and leave Lake Manyara National Park. Our journey takes us west and north, our exciting destination being a name familiar to everyone - the Serengeti! Along the way, the sheer scale of the territory and the raw beauty of the landscapes reveal themselves and your driver-guide will help you to spot animals and birds. This is just a preview of things to come, for the Serengeti is home to what is possibly the world's greatest gathering of wildlife.
After enjoying a picnic lunch, you'll be eager to pursue some more great wildlife-spotting opportunities in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set in the grasslands, savannahs, woods and mountain scenery, which creature will show itself next? These 'endless plains' are home to elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah, hippo and crocodile... the adventure has truly begun. At the end of the afternoon, exhausted and exhilarated, it's back to your chosen accommodation for dinner and to talk about the many fantastic experiences you've had today.
Day 5: SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK TO NGORONGORO
The exciting sounds of Africa will rouse you from your sleep. We make the most of the day with a 08:00 start, heading off on our morning game-drive. Later, the adventure will continue when we travel up to Ngorongoro, another African icon.
It's almost impossible to spend too much time in Serengeti and with more than 1.6 million herbivores - plus thousands of predators - there's always something new and interesting to see. The changing seasons and natural light simply add to the diversity. This morning your driver-guide will help you spot some more of the many species at Serengeti, teaching you about their fascinating habits and habitats.
After a pleasant picnic lunch, it's time to drive eastwards to visit another spectacular setting for Tanzania's wildlife, the famous Ngorongoro Crater. On arrival, settle in at the lodge while a tasty, hot dinner is prepared for you. Tomorrow, the wonders of the crater await us.
Day 6: NGORONGORO CRATER TO AIRPORT
Today may be 'departure day', but there will be plenty of time to enjoy another true spectacle, before your thoughts turn to home. Ngorongoro Crater is often referred to as a wonder of the world and your early morning game drive shows you why.
First, there's the volcanic caldera (the world's largest), full of grassland, forest and swamp, a setting of jaw-dropping beauty. Secondly, the permanent water of the crater floor supports a resident population of more than 25,000 large mammals. Here you'll find many of the reasons you chose to come on safari: elephant, lion, leopard, hyena, jackal, wallowing hippo, waterbuck, baboons... even the rare black rhino finds shelter here.
Sharing this awesome space with the animals are the Maasai, grazing their cattle in an area which has been a separate conservation area since 1956 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1978. This harmonious co-habitation of man and beast makes Ngorongoro unique in Tanzania and your driver guide will be pleased to explain this incredible co-existence to you.
After your morning game drive, we have our picnic lunch in the crater before we return to the airport for your flight home.
Trip Includes:AccommodationOne night in Arusha, Four nights on safari
- * First night: Lake Duluti Serena Lodge
- * Second night: Tarangire Sopa Lodge
- * Third night: Lake Manyara Serena Lodge
- * Four night: Serengeti Serena Lodge
- * Five night: Ngorongoro Serena Lodge
- 4X4 Safari Vehicle
- 5 Breakfast, 5 Lunch & 4 Dinner
- Tarangire National Park
- Lake Manyara National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Game drive in Tarangire National Park
- Visit Mto wa Mbu village for cultural activity and local lunch
- Game drive in Lake Manyara National Park
- Game drive in Serengeti National Park
- Game drive in Ngorongoro
- Easy Travel safari driver guide
- International Flights and Insurance
- $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals (read trip notes for more details)
- My Own Room ($294 per person)
- All type of soft and hard drinks
- * Laundry
- * Toiletries
- Gratitude for your trip crew (read trip notes for more details)
Trip Extra Activity:
- Balloon Safari
- Serengeti National Park ($539 per person)