6 Days – Tanzania Wildlife Encounters – Comfort
- Trip CodeETSWC
- Trip StyleComfort
- Group SizeMax 7
- Physical RatingLeisurely Category: 2/5. Our safaris with this grading are suitable for those people with even an average level of fitness. Assuming that you already have that level, no physical preparation is necessary in advance of one of these trips, and no strenuous exercise is expected on them, though visitors will spend some significant time in vehicles on the sometimes rough roads of Tanzania – the so-called 'African Massage.' Accommodation on our 'leisurely' category trips is in private rooms in safari lodges, hotels, or tented camps.
- IncludesAccommodationTransportMealsPark FeeActivities
- ExcludesDrinksOwn RoomVisaFlightsTrip Crew
As well as marvelling at the natural wonders of stunning Serengeti and awesome Ngorongoro – both packed with the planet’s most interesting wildlife – this six-day loop from Arusha introduces you to Lake Manyara, where you’ll see wildlife in a different setting, and enjoy a village tour. Comfortable safari lodges and tented camps, all with private bathroom facilities, provide you with your accommodation on this truly fascinating safari; you will share your safari vehicle with other travelers.
A fascinating six-day adventure beginning in Arusha, Tanzania’s ‘safari capital,’ with Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro providing the highlights. Accommodation is in comfortable safari lodges and our English-speaking driver-guides will share with you their in-depth knowledge of the animals and their surroundings.
- – Understanding the typical daily lives of the human inhabitants at Lake Manyara, by touring Mto wa Mbu village.
- – The ‘endless plains’ of Serengeti, a stunning landscape and surely the world’s most celebrated national park with an incomparable range of predators and their intended prey: see leopard and cheetah, antelope and zebra and many, many more.
- – Ngorongoro’s awe-inspiring crater, a collapsed volcano some 12 miles across and 7,500 feet above sea-level, with its incredible year-round display of wildlife. A truly inspiring setting which plays host to lion and elephant, rhino, buffalo, hippo as well as many other species and endless birdlife.
To view the full Trip Notes… Click here
Day 1: KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO ARUSHA
Arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by one of our experienced driver guides, ready to greet and escort you to Arusha and your chosen hotel. He will introduce you to this wonderful city and country.
After your long flight, you will be pleased to discover that Arusha - the undisputed 'safari capital' of East Africa- is perched at 1400 meters above sea level, keeping the temperatures and humidity relatively low. All around this important city are some of Tanzania's greatest delights. Mount Meru towers above Arusha, while even distant Kilimanjaro can be seen on a clear day. Arusha provides the ideal starting-point for safari-lovers, within reach of Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater.
The city even has its own natural attraction, Arusha National Park, close by. Named after the Wa-arusha residents of the town, this busy agricultural, administrative and tourist centre is the perfect place to relax after a long journey... and before you set off on safari, the holiday of a lifetime. Welcome to Arusha and welcome to Tanzania!
Day 2: ARUSHA CITY TO LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
Today, your safari really begins as we start early from your Arusha hotel for our pleasant drive westwards to Lake Manyara National Park. First of all, we enjoy this morning with an introduction to northern Tanzanian culture, taking a visit to fascinating Mto wa Mbu village. Incredibly, this 'village' is actually home to over eighteen thousand inhabitants, drawn from 120 different tribes. Today is a superb opportunity to find out about their everyday lives, visiting their farms, huts, artisan shops and the local market, with your expert driver-guide taking good care of you and sharing his detailed knowledge of tribal culture.
We enjoy lunch in the village, before exploring the stunning landscape of the park, looking for wildlife on the plains, in the acacia woodlands and by the shores of the shallow alkaline lake. Lake Manyara is rightly famous for its tree-climbing lions, but they're far from the only highlight: by the end of an exhilarating afternoon, you could easily have spotted elephant, hippo, wildebeest, buffalo and giraffe, plus many other species. Pink-hued flamingos, one of 400 bird species recorded here, provide a splash of colour. At the end of the afternoon, it's back to your lodge for some relaxation and a delicious dinner.
Day 3: LAKE MANYARA TO SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, we collect our lunch boxes and leave Lake Manyara National Park. Our journey takes us west and north, our exciting destination being a name familiar to everyone - the Serengeti! Along the way, the sheer scale of the territory and the raw beauty of the landscapes reveal themselves and your driver-guide will help you to spot animals and birds. This is just a preview of things to come, for the Serengeti is home to what is possibly the world's greatest gathering of wildlife.
After enjoying a picnic lunch, you'll be eager to pursue some more great wildlife-spotting opportunities in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set in the grasslands, savannahs, woods and mountain scenery, which creature will show itself next? These 'endless plains' are home to elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah, hippo and crocodile... the adventure has truly begun. At the end of the afternoon, exhausted and exhilarated, it's back to your chosen accommodation for dinner and to talk about the many fantastic experiences you've had today. Note : If you wish to book your Balloon Safari on Day 4, please click here for more information and price.
Day 4: SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
Waking up in the Serengeti is something really special. Sights, sounds and smells of Africa are all around us, and ahead is a full day of adventure in the world's most famous national park. After breakfast, we start today with the morning section of our game drive in Serengeti National Park, marvelling at the stunning scenery, ever changing light and always entertaining wildlife, all explained to you by your expert driver-guide.
After our picnic lunch, we set off again, searching for wildlife in this awe-inspiring park. Serengeti's wonders evolve subtly as the day progresses. The myriad animals and birds are the 'stars of the show' and Nature's dramas can unfold at any time. Of course, the animals don't work to any schedule, so we may find lion or leopard, elephant and zebra, cheetah and antelope at any time on our drives. At the end of the afternoon, we return to the comfort of the lodge for dinner and some much needed rest.
Note : For those who have booked the Balloon Safari for today, you will be picked up from the lodge at 05.00 hours for a 06.00 hours departure. After your 90 minute aerial adventure, bush breakfast and champagne, your driver will pick you up for your full-day game drive.
Day 5: SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK - KARATU
The exciting sounds of Africa will rouse you from your sleep. We make the most of the day with a 08:00 start, heading off on our morning game-drive. Later, the adventure will continue when we travel up to Ngorongoro, another African icon.
It's almost impossible to spend too much time in Serengeti and with more than 1.6 million herbivores - plus thousands of predators - there's always something new and interesting to see. The changing seasons and natural light simply add to the diversity. This morning your driver-guide will help you spot some more of the many species at Serengeti, teaching you about their fascinating habits and habitats.
After a pleasant picnic lunch, it's time to drive eastwards to visit another spectacular setting for Tanzania's wildlife, the famous Ngorongoro Crater. On arrival, settle in at the lodge while a tasty, hot dinner is prepared for you. Tomorrow, the wonders of the crater await us.
Day 6: NGORONGORO CRATER - AIRPORT
Today may be 'departure day', but there will be plenty of time to enjoy another true spectacle, before your thoughts turn to home. Ngorongoro Crater is often referred to as a wonder of the world and your early morning game drive shows you why.
First, there's the volcanic caldera (the world's largest), full of grassland, forest and swamp, a setting of jaw-dropping beauty. Secondly, the permanent water of the crater floor supports a resident population of more than 25,000 large mammals. Here you'll find many of the reasons you chose to come on safari: elephant, lion, leopard, hyena, jackal, wallowing hippo, waterbuck, baboons... even the rare black rhino finds shelter here.
Sharing this awesome space with the animals are the Maasai, grazing their cattle in an area which has been a separate conservation area since 1956 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1978. This harmonious co-habitation of man and beast makes Ngorongoro unique in Tanzania and your driver guide will be pleased to explain this incredible co-existence to you.
After your morning game drive, we have our picnic lunch in the crater before we return to the airport for your flight home.
Trip Includes:AccommodationOne night in Arusha, Four nights on safari
- First night: African Tulip Hotel
- Second night: Manyara Wildlife Safari Camp
- Third night: Serengeti Tortilis Camp
- Four night: Serengeti Tortilis Camp
- Five night: Acacia Farm Lodge
- 4X4 Safari Vehicle
- 5 Breakfast, 5 Lunch & 4 Dinner
- Lake Manyara National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Visit Mto wa Mbu village for cultural activity and local lunch
- Game drive in Lake Manyara National Park
- Game drive in Serengeti National Park
- Game drive in Ngorongoro
- Easy Travel safari driver guide
- International Flights and Insurance
- $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals (read trip notes for more details)
- My Own Room ($400 per person)
- All type of soft and hard drinks
- Gratitude for your trip crew (read trip notes for more details)
Trip Extra Activity:Balloon Safari
- Serengeti National Park ($539 per person)