9 Days – Mt Kilimanjaro – Machame Route – Private
- Trip CodeETPKM7
- Trip StyleBasic
- Group SizePrivate
- Physical RatingTough Category: 5/5. Guests undertaking one of our trips categorized as 'tough' will require a good level of fitness and proper physical preparation –perhaps two or three months - in advance of arriving in Tanzania. To take one of these trips, you must be confident in your own level of fitness and stamina. Our 'tough' trips involve a significant degree of high-altitude hiking, and at times a degree of discomfort can be expected. For example, on a summit day to reach the top of Kilimanjaro, a total of around 13 hours is required of participants and this is combined with a great deal of ascent and descent. Special clothing and equipment are required for these trips, as advised on our trip notes, and accommodation is in tents or mountain huts, depending on which trip is undertaken.
- IncludesAccommodationTransportMealsPark FeeActivities
- ExcludesDrinksOwn RoomVisaFlightsTrip Crew
Approaching legendary Kilimanjaro from the south-west, we take the popular Machame Route, with a total trip time of nine days, thus giving us even more acclimatization time and an even better chance of reaching the summit. Lush rainforest and Alpine moorland characterise the Machame Route, a trek which is challenging, make no mistake, despite the extra time given to acclimatize. You will have a private vehicle to take you to and from the mountain. Accommodation on the mountain on this ‘Basic’ category trip will be in tented camps – a true adventure.
Kilimanjaro is the African continent’s best-known and highest mountain. With its snow-capped peak, it justifiably features on nearly every adventurer’s list of ‘must-dos.’
If you’ re not in a tearing hurry, why not consider the Machame route, which takes one day longer than the more popular Marangu but is slightly more challenging. Accommodation on the ascent is in tents, adding to the sense of adventure. Extra time taken acclimatizing means a higher success rate!
The Machame is actually the second most popular route for mount Kilimanjaro climb. From the village at Machame (altitude: 1490 metres), the approach is from the south-west of the summit. Led by an expert guide and a team of porters and cooks, you at once enter into lush rainforest, as heavy rains frequently visit this side of the mountain.
It can be a muddy and slippery experience! Alpine moorland is another characteristic landscape in the early stages of this ascent. During the ascent, an optional scramble up the imperious Lava Tower is an option – for those with energy to spare.
With our experienced, knowledgeable and, above all, passionate staff, we take care of all the complex and important arrangements for the ascent of this legendary mountain, essential to giving you the best Kilimanjaro experience. Happy climbing, indeed!
- – Reaching the summit! Experiencing that incomparable, ‘roof of the world’ feeling
- – A more relaxed pace than the popular Marangu route. But challenging!
- – Stunning views as you ascend
- – Discover Shira Plateau and Barranco
- – Climbing the Lava Tower
- – Dedicated guides, porters and cooks – a great team to help you on your way
To view the full Trip Notes… Click here
Trip Price Table:
|1 PAX||1 Single||$3318|
|2 PAX||1 Double or Twin||$2869|
|3 PAX||1 Double or Twin + 1 Single||$2649|
|4 PAX||2 Doubles or Twin||$2539|
|5 PAX||2 Doubles or Twin + 1 Single||$2640|
|6 PAX||3 Doubles or Twin||$2568|
Day 1: KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - ARUSHA
Day 2: ARUSHA - MACHAME GATE - MACHAME CAMP
Day 3: MACHAME CAMP - SHIRA CAVE
Day 4: SHIRA CAVE - BARRANCO CAMP
Day 5: BARRANCO CAMP - KARANGA CAMP
Day 6: KARANGA CAMP - BARAFU CAMP
Another short day -in terms of distance - begins with our breakfast at the camp at 07.30 and another 08.30 departure. Today we will ascend about 500 metres in a distance of around 5km and walking time once again is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We will be aiming to arrive the Barafu Camp by 13.00, when we will be rewarded with a hot lunch. (With tomorrow being the summit day, it will be important to relax and prepare for the hard work ahead.) Dinner tonight is served at 17.30, giving you time to get to bed early. After leaving Karanga, today's stage climbs steadily, passing through barren, rocky landscape, with the Decken and Kersten glaciers visible away to your left. At the top of the climb, the landscape remains bleak as you descend into a valley and you get your first sight of another glacier, Rebmann. At the end of this valley is today's goal, the Barafu Camp, at which you arrive after a short, steep scramble and a walk.
Day 7: BARAFU CAMP - UHURU (SUMMIT) - MWEKA CAMP
Day 8: MWEKA CAMP - MWEKA GATE - ARUSHA
Day 9: DEPARTURE - KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Trip Includes:AccommodationTwo nights in Arusha, Six nights on the Mountain
- * First night: Planet Lodge
- * Second night: Machame Camp
- * Third night: Shira 2 Camp
- * Four night: Barranco Camp
- * Five night: Karanga Camp
- * Six night: Barafu Camp
- * Seven night: Mweka Camp
- * Eight night: Planet Lodge
- Coaster Bus
- 8 Breakfast, 7 Lunch & 6 Dinner
- Treated Drinking Water
- Park Fee
- Camp Fee
- * Easy Travel mountain guide
- * Easy Travel mountain chef
- * Easy Travel mountain porters
- * Sleeping Tents
- * Dinning Tents
- * Sleeping mattress
- * Utensils
- * Tables and chairs
- Certificate of Achievement if you reach Gilman's point(5681M), Stella point(5685M) or Uhuru point(5895M).
- International Flights and Insurance
- $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals (read trip notes for more details)
- My Own Room ($210 per person)
- All type of soft and hard drinks
- * Laundry
- * Toiletries
- Gratitude for your trip crew (read trip notes for more details)