On our small group tour, you and your group will trek with strangers, like-minded adventurers who will share your love of Africa and its treasures. On a Kilimanjaro trek there are no more than ten people on each departure. It’s a chance to make new friends, to share experiences and opinions, while still retaining a degree of intimacy.
Leisurely. Your hotel is by the beach, so is perfectly geared up for relaxation opportunities. Apart from your guided walk around Stone Town, you are unlikely to be doing anything very strenuous during your short stay!
Accommodation during your Zanzibar stay is in our Basic category, with two nights at your Zanzibar beach hotel. Our Basic level accommodations are selected by Easy Travel to focus on good value.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
|January||Peak||Medium||Little to no rainfall||Dry||Sunny & Cloudy||Highly Recommended|
|February||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny & Cloudy||Highly Recommended|
|March||High||Low||Short Rainfall||Wet & Muddy||Cloudy||Highly Recommended|
|April||Low||Low||Long rainfall||Wet & Muddy||Cloudy||Recommended|
|May||Low||Low||Short Rainfall||Wet & Muddy||Cloudy||Recommended|
|June||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny & Cloudy||Highly Recommended|
|July||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny||Highly Recommended|
|August||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny||Highly Recommended|
|September||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny||Highly Recommended|
|October||Peak||High||No Rainfall||Dry||Sunny||Highly Recommended|
|November||High||Medium||Little to no Rainfall||Wet & Muddy||Sunny & Cloudy||Recommended|
|December||High||Medium||Little to no Rainfall||Wet & Muddy||Sunny & Cloudy||Recommended|
- Day 1 – Arrival Day: Abeid Amani Karume International Airport – Beach Hotel
- Day 2 – Beach Hotel
- Day 3 – Beach Hotel – Stone Town Tour – Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
On arrival at Zanzibar’s Abeid Amani Karume International Airport, you will be met by our driver who will take you on the transfer to your Zanzibar beach hotel. You have the evening at leisure and your dinner tonight will be provided by your hotel.
- Arab and Swahili architectural styles combine at the delightful Sultan Sands Island Resort, housing excellent facilities in a resort which enjoys a relaxed atmosphere – ideal for an enjoyable holiday. The beautiful sands of Kiwengwa, on the island’s east coast, lie in front of the resort with the allure of the Indian Ocean just beyond. Lush tropical gardens surround the property. Rooms are spacious and fashioned with thatched roofs and hand-carved furniture, air-conditioned and en suite. Free activities on offer include windsurfing, tennis, table tennis and a gym, while – at extra cost – you can go diving, fishing or take a boat trip. The Oasis Spa at the neighbouring Blue Bay Resort can pamper you (at extra cost) with an extensive range of treatments and services.
- The terrace restaurant is a guest favourite, once again with super town views and a highly rated cuisine.
- Meal Plan Dinner tonight will be served at Sultan Sands Island Resort.
After breakfast at your hotel, kick back and enjoy a day at leisure at your oceanside hotel. You can cool off in the hotel pool or in the nearby ocean – the choice is yours. Your hotel will also provide you with both lunch and dinner today, so this really is a day when you can take it easy.
- Accommodation Tonight, you will spend your second night at Sultan Sands Island Resort.
- Meal Plan Breakfast is provided at Sultan Sands Island Resort. Lunch will be a nutritious and balanced meal, also provided by the hotel. Your dinner will be a full, cooked meal created by the team at Sultan Sands Island Resort.
This morning you will enjoy breakfast at your hotel, before being transferred to meet our expert local guide for a tour of fascinating Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Over the centuries, many cultures have left their impressions on Zanzibar and it is perhaps in Stone Town where you can most easily see their influences. Your guide will lead you first to the colourful market, awash with exotic smells and buzzing with bartering locals. Afterwards, you will visit the calm of the 19th C cathedral, built on the former site of the slave market after the 1873 abolition of slavery.
As you wander the narrow streets and alleys, you’ll pass the Arab houses with their inner courtyards, hidden behind heavy doors. You can compare their style with the Indian residences, adorned with balustrades and metal railings. Amongst the town’s historic sites are the ‘Tip Tip House,’ the Old Fort and the People’s Palace Museum. Lunch will be taken at the Silk Route Indian rooftop restaurant, with views to the ocean. The Silk Route is full of character, so enjoy the excellent cuisine, perhaps washing it down with a cocktail. Afterwards, we will transfer you safely back to the airport for your flight.
- Meal Plan Breakfast today will be served at your Sultan Sands Island Resort, while lunch is at the Silk Route Indian restaurant in Stone Town. (Note that the Silk Route is a rooftop restaurant, with access being by a lengthy staircase.)
- A Friendly, Experienced and Passionate Transfer Driver
- Professional English-Speaking Guide. A Friendly, Experienced and Passionate Guide expert at a wide variety of skills: Flora and Fauna, Tanzania’s cultural and natural history.
- One arrival Transfer
- One departure Transfer
- 2 nights on Beach Hotel
- 1st night – Sultan Sands Island Resort Half Board (Dinner, Breakfast)
- 2nd night – Sultan Sands Island Resort Full Board (Dinner, Breakfast, picnic lunch box)
- Explore Stone Town with our professional local guide
- Enjoy Lunch at Silk Route Indian restaurant in Stone Town
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
Local Guide: $25 US per day, per couple.
Transfer Driver: $15 US per day, per couple.
For hotels/lodges/tented camps, please do not tip individual staff members, but instead use the ‘Tip Box’, which you should find at the reception of your accommodation. For guidance, you should consider tipping between $5-7 US per day, per guest, at each accommodation.