Planning a trip to Tanzania is a huge decision. The country overflows with world-class activities. In just two weeks you could summit the tallest mountain in Africa, complete the most famous safari circuit on the planet and finish with a few days of relaxation in paradise.
There are a thousand ways to build your own personal Tanzanian adventure. And this is where Easy Travel comes in, to make your preparations, and booking your trip, well, easy!
Here follows a handy guide on how to go about booking your dream trip with Easy Travel.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
The first step is to choose what you want to do in Tanzania. Do you want an active, hiking holiday that’ll steer you to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak? An idyllic beach getaway on the tropical shores of Zanzibar? Or an unforgettable Tanzanian safari?
Step 2: Choose Between Private Tour or a Small Group Tour
Once you’ve settled on the tour of your choice, you need to decide between joining a small group tour or opting for a private tour.
- With Easy Travel’s private tours you gain exclusive use of a safari vehicle, along with your personal guide, from beginning to end. Private tours might be priced a little higher than small group tours, but what you receive is a different level of customization, intimacy and privacy. For example, if you feel like sleeping in a bit on a particular morning, you have the flexibility to start a little later from the lodge.
- To choose a small group tour with Easy Travel — either Basic or Comfort — is to share transportation and resources with others. Small group tours up Kilimanjaro never exceed 10 people, while small group safari tours never exceed 7-people. It is the most economical option for solo travelers, pairs, and groups of three. (Insider tip: If you are a group of 4 or more, booking a private tour can actually be similar in price, or cheaper!)
Step 3: Choose Your Style
Easy Travel offers guests four main styles of safari options to meet your every need and budget without compromising quality. Let’s take a look.
Basic: Here, travelers sleep in public campsites and bathroom facilities are shared with fellow travelers at the camp. Tents are generally shared, unless you have paid for a single tent. Basic tours also come with a dedicated chef and a personal driver. Read more about our basic tours here.
Comfort: Travelers stay in small lodges and tented camps with en-suite bathroom facilities. Comfort tours offer a mid-range balance of comfort and price. A personal driver is also included in your tour. Comfort style tours don’t have chefs, as all meals are served at the lodges / tented camps.
Comfort Plus: Here, travelers stay in state-of-the-art, luxury lodges or tented camps where the quality of service and facilities are equivalent to a large hotel organizations. Again, this style of tour includes a personal driver.
Luxury: Here Easy Travel will tailor your tour to your desire and in this option, travelers stay in top-tier, luxury tented camps or lodges. These accommodations generally also offer drinks on the house – such as house wine, house beer, soft drinks and water.
Handy Tips: The price of your tour increases in direct relation to the level of comfort and luxury it offers. Also, our Kilimanjaro Treks are only offered as a Basic Style Tour, due to camping on the mountains.
Step 4: Decide On The Number Of Days
Once you have decided which tour and which style you want to go with, you need to decide on the number of days you’d like to be traveling for.
Done that? Great! Now open the selected tour’s page on our website, and you’ll see that at the bottom right hand side of the page, there’s a booking form that you need to fill out. Once filled out and submitted, one of our agents will get in touch with you.
However, if you are not sure about which program you’d like to choose, go to the Tailor Made Tour page on the website and complete that booking form. One of our Booking Agents will then suggest a program for you.
Step 5: Receive Your Itinerary
Our agents are our angels and we pride ourselves on our quick turn-around time on requests for travel itineraries. Once your dedicated agent has received your request, (s)he can start assembling your tour, and the agent will generally get back to the client within 24-hours or earlier.
Step 5.1 The Availability of Lodges
It’s worth noting that the rooms in lodges are provisionally booked based on the arrival date that the client supplied us. However, if the client does not provide us with a date, Easy Travel will still put a program together with suggested lodges. But, it may happen that by the time the client sends his/her actual travel dates, that the suggested lodges might not have space available. In this instance, the client will receive supplementary lodges in the same price range / experience.
Step 6: Confirm your Booking
The last piece of the puzzle is confirming your booking. Further down the line, once your trip itinerary has been finalised with the Easy Travel Booking Agent and you’re happy with the tour, you will be sent an invoice.
- After the invoice for the booking is sent to the client, Easy Travel will continue to hold the booking for a total of 7 days.
- A deposit of 30% should be paid within 7 days to secure the booking. If the deposit is not paid within 7 days, the lodges where Easy Travel booked, will release the rooms. In such a scenario, Easy Travel will suggest alternative lodges / camps with the same quality if the original accommodation is not available.
- The remaining balance of the invoice then gets paid 45 days before arriving in Tanzania.
Time to get excited
With booking and payment sorted, there is nothing left to do other than get excited for your upcoming adventure with Easy Travel! Whether you’ve booked a safari tour or a trekking tour, there are brilliant travel trip notes are available on our website to help you prepare, pack, plan your visas and travel! Our experts have you covered. Contact us Today!